Prize Presentation Evening 2021
On the evening of Wednesday 20 October 2021, Hathershaw College hosted their annual Prize Presentation Evening at the Queen Elizabeth Hall, in Oldham town centre. This was to celebrate a brilliant year of success and group achievement. Students were rewarded for their hard work and excellence in what has proven to be a very trying and challenging year. This was a night of celebration and joy, a chance for students to feel proud and for the school to award their hard work and dedication.
We are delighted to recognize a year of amazing student achievements, our results continue to show year on year improvement, with an impressive number of students securing the highest grades available to them. Not only this, our students have attained success within a period in which they had to show great strength through lockdowns, school closures and missed schooling. What has been a very difficult time for everyone has been dealt with in a manner that is mature and commendable. So, we not only acknowledge the amazing achievements of our students but the circumstances in which they were attained.
200 students were invited to be rewarded for their hard work, attendance and excellence on the night; they consisted of current Year 8-11 and last year’s school leavers. This was the 10th year of the Prize Presentation Evening where students, family, friends, staff and local figures will be invited to an evening of sharing and celebration. Special guests taking the stage, to present awards and speak, include; the Mayor of Oldham Cllr Jenny Harrison, Cllr Shaid Mushtaq, Mrs Pamela Sleigh of the Duke of Edinburgh North Operations Office, local businessman and school advocate, Ansar Ali and Jayne Clarke, Executive Principal of the Pinnacle Learning Trust.
Special awards included:
- Pinnacle English Award: Phoebe Broster
- Pinnacle Maths Award: Muhammed Zain
- Roshni Panchani Art Award: Kadija Begum
- OSFC Prize: Sabira Miah
- Outstanding Results: Phoebe Broster
- Oldham College Prize: Joseph Brooks
- Nigel Marland Award for Endeavour: Maria Rehan
- Colin Bell Vocational Award: Ruckshana Akthar
- Zakir Maroof Business Enterprise Award: Ahmed Raza
- Ron Scholes Science Award: Mohammed Hasnain Arif
- Hasan Umar Award for Courage Through Adversity: Meraj Ahmedzai
- For Housing Special Recognition Award: Mary-J McGinty & Billy Wilcock